Who is eligible for the free burial service?
We arrange free burial for the deceased who meets any of these criteria:
- No next-of-kin/relative
- No claimant
- The claimant/next of kin/relative is unable to pay for the burial.
Where can I get the application form?
You may click on ‘Resources’.
If you are a hospital/welfare home/nursing home staff, click and download Form B.
If you are an individual informant and applying on behalf of someone else, click and download Form C.
Fill up the form and fax it together with a copy of the death certificate to 6741 1609.
*Please call our officer-in-charge at 6747 7556 (ext 102) before applying.
Zakat and Donation
If I pay my zakat at MTFA, is the zakat tax-deductible?
Yes, all zakat payments collected with a receipt issued will be tax-deductible. However, there is no auto-inclusion.
How can I pay my zakat to MTFA?
You may visit our offices during office hours and pay it over the counter. Our officers will issue you a receipt. We accept cash, cheque and NETS.
The addresses are as follow:
Darul Ihsan Orphanage
5 Mattar Road, Singapore 387713
Darul Ihsan Lilbanat
23 Wan Tho Ave, Singapore 347552
Alternatively, you may pay your zakat online using Mastercard, Visa or e-NETS.
- Just click on “Zakat Payment” side tab on any page.
- You will be directed to the Zakat Payment Portal.
- Fill up all the blanks with complete and accurate information and remember to check the “Terms and Conditions”.
- Click “Submit”.
- Follow the instructions on the payment page.
What happens if the office is closed? Can I still make donations or pay zakat?
Our office is open from 8.30am to 6.00pm Mondays to Thursdays, and 8.30am to 5.30pm on Fridays. We do operate on alternate Saturdays too so do give us a call before making your way down on the weekends.
You can still proceed to make your donation or zakat even after office hours using our drop-off service.
Kindly note that our drop-off service begins 1.5hr before closing time to allow us to do our daily closing of accounts. Hence, if you would like a receipt to be issued to you over the counter, we advise that you visit us before 4.30pm or 4pm (Fridays).
How do I proceed to make donations or zakat via drop-off service?
It is a simple process.
- Simply pick up a drop-off envelope (in pink) and start filling up your details.
- Remember to check the ‘tax deductible receipt’ box if you require one.
- Kindly note that your name, mailing address and contact number are very important so please write legibly.
- Insert your cash/cheque/NETS receipt (duplicate copy) into the envelope and seal it.
- Tear out the pink carbon copy and keep it for reference.
- Fold the envelope and simply drop them off in the drop-off box located right beside the main office door.
Scholarship and Bursary
Where can I find the application forms?
Scholarship Application form
Bursary Application form
You may also find the forms under FORMS tab.
Are we allowed to apply for MTFA Bursary if we have already applied for other bursaries (eg MOE Bursary)?
Yes. Applicants are allowed to apply for our MTFA Bursary even when you have applied for other bursaries. However, you will need to declare on Page 6 of the application form.
When will the Award Ceremony be held?
The Awards Ceremony will be held on Saturday, 5 October 2019
The time and location will be notified in advance. Attendance is compulsory.
How much will I be receiving?
Successful Bursary candidates will be receiving:
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE) – $1000.00
- Polytechnic – $1000.00
- Junior College – $1000.00
- Centralised Institute – $1000.00
- Universities based in Singapore and abroad – $2000.00.
How and when will we be informed of our application status?
The outcome of the application will be notified via phone/mail by end of July 2019.
How do I submit the application form?
Applications must be submitted (by mail or by hand) to:
Attn: Bursary/Scholarship Application
Muslimin Trust Fund Association
5 Mattar Road Singapore 387713
What are the required documents for application?
Please refer to Annex A – Submission Checklist (page 8) found on the application forms.
Incomplete and late applications will not be processed. Please attach a photocopy of all supporting documents. We do not provide photocopy services.
Who can apply for the Scholarship award?
The scholarship is open to Muslim Singapore Citizens, currently pursuing a full-time education in Universities based in Singapore or abroad.
* Applicants who have applied for Bursary are not eligible to apply for Scholarship.
When is the application closing date for 2019?
Application window will open in April 2019. More details will be announced soon.
Who can apply for the Bursary award?
The bursary is open to Muslim Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Applicants must be currently pursuing a full-time post-secondary education in any of the following institutions:
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE)
- Junior College
- Centralised Institute
- Universities based in Singapore & abroad
*Not applicable for Primary and Secondary Students. You may apply for our financial assistance instead.